Friday 5 January 2018

#LISprochat lead-in - topic & questions for Mon Jan 8 2018 - 8:30pm ET

via geralt at Pixabay


TOPIC

Net Neutrality and Libraries


What a relevant topic right now, and not just in the US (thanks to the farcical efforts of Ajit Pai), but in Canada and Europe as well. Leigh has pulled together some great resources for the chat including a Verge article on what public libraries stand to lose without net neutrality; a piece from Hello Giggles which is also about net neutrality and public libraries; and a what do we do now article from the Central Minnesota Libraries Exchange.


PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE'VE CHANGED THE TIME TO 8:30PM ET!



While you're here please consider checking out our new feature for 2018: #LISPROCHAT Reads, our professional development book club.


QUESTIONS


We post the questions here in advance of the chat so you can decide whether or not this topic is of interest to you and/or prepare your answers in advance.

Q1 What are your thoughts on net neutrality in reference to libraries?

Q2 Are you getting any questions/comments from patrons about net neutrality, how are you handling?

Q3 What are you doing as a librarian to advocate on the issue of net neutrality?

Q4 What resources are out there/can be shared on the topic of libraries and net neutrality?



PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING IN ON TWITTER AT 8:30 PM ET NEXT MONDAY, JANUARY 8 USING THE #LISPROCHAT HASHTAG. 

4 comments:

  1. food games free
    basketball free online
    soccer games 2019
    These articles are exactly what I need. It is very nice of you to share your understanding. I have learned interesting things. I have a liking for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done very good job its really amazing article provide, very use full for me such an help full for me very interesting article provide dude i love it
    miniclip motorbike games, play free a10 game, Friv Jogos

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2player game online
    io jogos gratis
    free online juegos games
    This game is my all time favorite to play, it's a great time killer and by far in my opinion the best strategic game out there. Graphics are amazing, in game resources and defensive setups are amazing, even the different operations. The only flaw that I didn't really care for is what all other games like this have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having lights set for you is also a great way to establish a working relationship with me as a magical practitioner. It involves very little financial investment, and you can get a good idea of how I manage my cases, get a feel for my working style, and also get a good taste of my skills as a prophet, seer, and diviner.
    These articles are exactly what I need. It is very nice of you to share your understanding. I have learned interesting things. I have a liking for your posts. Please, upload more and more posts. I want to know more about this related topics. Thank you for the wonderful sharing. They are useful pieces of advice.currency converter shopify app ,
    games free 2019
    friv jogos 2019
    jogos 360 online game

    ReplyDelete